St. Edmund's church
At the beginning of the 20th Century the settlement of Forncett End was growing rapidly and as St. Peter's parish church was 2 miles away, it was decided to build a chapel of ease close to the New Buckenham - Norwich turnpike.
The chapel was dedicated to St. Edmund on St Peter's Day, June 29th 1904, which is recorded in a plaque on the side of the building.
An early postcard of St. Edmund's shows a very elegant set of entrance gates that have long-since disappeared. The photo was probably taken around 1905-1906 because the bellcote on the church had not yet been added.